Friday, October 29, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Sweater

Reconstructed sweater I made this week:



And the back:



I've been obsessed with felting/fulling old woolen things and remaking them into other things (
hats, mittens, blankets, stuffed toys) for a long, long time now (13 years?). But these days, both felting old wool and reconstructing clothing are all the rage--to see what I mean, just go and Google "reconstructed sweater" or "refashioned sweater," or for some real fun, go browse the archives at Wardrobe Refashion.

The sweater above and others I've made over the last year have been particularly inspired by
this etsy seller and this one here--though I'm considerably lazier about my construction than they are. Katwise and Movie Boy Productions? That's some high sweater reconstruction art right there.

Still, my sweater is super warm and cozy, and I can't get the idea of spiced pumpkin out of my head when I look at it. It's like all the fall color I could ever need, in one sweater.


EDITED:
I'm adding pictures here of the sweater actually being worn.







3 comments:

  1. must... see it... on a person! It will look even pumpkinie-er on YOU. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the sleeves.

    I'm still thinking of 3 delicious words: apple cider syrup. Hmmm. This half-assed mama might try to make some herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple cider syrup = easy. The hard part is paying attention for long enough to avoid turning the whole thing into cured crazy glue...

    ReplyDelete