|What I've been up to for the past year.|
Busy, beautiful, bothered--these are all choices. I am working on not complaining in all areas of my life (and I'm certainly not complaining right now, as I take full advantage of my maternity leave), but it is so tempting to use the get-out-of-jail-free card that is "baby." Fact is, I've been an absentee blog-mama for longer than my pregnancy. My negligence predates our move last summer into co-housing, and even my acceptance of a full time position at That Grocery Store. But! I'm prepared to shake the 2012 cobwebs out of these knuckles, and tackle the "long form" of blog-postery again. Too long have I indulged in an abridged literary existence, aided and abetted by FB. (Fortunately for our correspondence, Amy also succumbed.)
I've learned a few blog-worthy things over the past few days, so here I go back up on the horse:
- 64 pigs-in-blankets is the right amount to serve a party of 11 (if one is a nursing infant).
- It is possible to bloody one's own finger when biting into the first BLT of the season. (And for some reason this is surprising enough to note in a blog post.)
- Our baby is 10 weeks.
- Our cat, Jack, is 10, and Penn will soon be a seven-year-old boy.
- I like numbers in blog posts. I might just like numbers, period. Admitting this is evolution.
- "Talking a blue streak" refers to profanity, not pontification. So I'm not talking one.
Troy has been clamoring for more Tot Blog postage, and he has been such a delightful partner I must oblige. I've been collecting entries, just not posting them. As for the latest addition to our family, I figure we have at least another 18 months before a Baby Blog becomes necessary. Hope I didn't just jinx his speech skills...